On January 1, 2008, the Swedish Defense University became a national college because of the Swedish Law on Defence, with the right to award university degrees. This means that civil university programs are now available to a greater measure than ever in the past.
The mission of the College is to help improve national and international safety and national security by conducting scientific research and development. Research is conducted in a variety of different and mutually supportive fields and is then communicated both nationally and internationally to various other sectors of society.
The College trains and develops both military and civilian staff in leadership national and international posts in their efforts to manage emergencies and security issues. Education and instruction at the University are not provided through other universities or colleges in Sweden for simply because the skills and expertise provided there are not accessible outside the country.
- Host University: Swedish Defence University;
- Host Country: Sweden;
- Study Level: Masters and Bachelors Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
The UHR Scholarship is available for the entire Bachelor’s, Master’s and International Students in all subjects; they will have the opportunity to be part at the Swedish Defence University for the academic year 2021/2022.
The program is offered for highly skilled students throughout the world, with the exclusion of the European Union and the EAA and Switzerland. Students from all over the world can continue their studies at Swedish universities.
The Executive program consists of a three-year undergraduate degree that provides opportunities for executives to develop their skills as squad leaders.
Both nationally and internationally, students will be able to participate in the development and management of emergency and security issues.
Graduates who achieve excellence receive the Bachelor of Military Science degree.
The program takes place over 6 semesters, and 180 academic credits are assigned upon the passing of all program sections.
The scholarship can be for payment of the entire tuition cost or part of it and cannot cover housing or other similar expenses.
- This grant is for skilled students from outside the EU/EEA countries and Switzerland, who are interested in studying at Swedish universities or colleges;
- Only students in the present application cycle may submit an offer of scholarship, as this award is intended for first-time students.
- Application process: Students are required to register for a class or program first in order to be eligible for a scholarship from the university. Once registered, applicants must be able to complete the scholarship application forms;
- Documents to support the application: There is no need for any documents as they are all accessible for the admission evaluations on the official website of the university;
- Conditions of Admission: To be admitted to courses and programs, students need to complete an application and fulfill the admission conditions;
- Linguistic qualifications: The English equivalent of Swedish upper secondary school is English 6 or English B, which is required for bachelor and master’s level studies in Sweden.